Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Today´s reasons for happiness


lindsaylohannipple_1
Originally uploaded by
Steve314159.
It must be the summer but my mind has switched from thinking in big schemes into snap-snap-snap stuff. Result: more lists in this blog.

I feel really happy. Today the reasons for this were - in addition to the weather - the following.

1. Pink: Stupid Girls

This woman just kicks ass. Her attack on bimboism is fantastic. Lindsay Lohan (pic) is one of her targets. My favourite part of the lyrics is the following:

"What happened to the dreams of a girl president/She's dancing in the video next to 50 Cent."

2. Pet Shop Boys: I´m with Stupid

The coolest guys in pop singing about the relationship of two of the most powerful men on the planet. Tip: both last names begin with B and they attacked jointly to a country with a name starting with I. Again, abfab lyrics:

"See you on the TV/Call you every day/Fly across the ocean/Just to let you get your way/No one understands me/Where I'm coming from/Why would I be with someone/Who's obviously so dumb?/Love comes/Love grows/Every time you rise to meet me/Take my hand to greet me/Love comes/Love grows/And power can give a man/Much more than anybody knows"

3. I have clever friends. My friend Pinja is so right when criticising the argumentation of precariate movement. Highly educated people fighting for the right issues with highly disturbing, pampering and condescending rhetorics.

4. Don Johnson Big Band: Road

I really like the new single of the Finnish intellectual hiphop band.

"Keep one eye on the road/The other one fixed on the one you hold."

No comments: