Tuesday, August 16, 2005

This World


Clip_31
Originally uploaded by syj0426.
I am one of those people who get totally enthusiastic rather easily. Even taking this into consideration, my reaction on Earth Google is, well, out of this world.

I heard about it months and months ago but I tested it for the first time this Saturday at a friend of mine. And that meant that I spent my Sunday on zooming in and out.

Earth Google is a tool where you can zoom into satellite pictures. For instance I could see my home in Amsterdam and our summer house 350 km from Helsinki. Whoa! And the coolest thing is when you start by having the entire globe in the picture and then you type for instance Helsinki and press Search. The "camera" zooms in until you can see the railway station. And then when you type Tokyo, the programme zooms out, spins the globe around and zooms into the capital of Japan. And all this for free. You just need to install the programme and then it is really easy. The only negative thing I have found is that the programme does not work on Apple computers. But I hope they would work on it.

Let's get global!

1 comment:

ice breaker said...

I exists now in a beta version for mac!