Trip to the land of the hopeful and the free is drawing towards its end. Some reflections on the discoveries on this fact-finding mission:
1. A soft drink in a restaurant should always include a refill. Best of all when your drink is replaced before you finish the last one.
2. The Economist was right: if you wish to understand America, you need to listen to country music.
3. Dependency on cars is not sustainable.
4. There are situations where awesome really is the right word - where British words like fab or brilliant just sound lame. I mean like when exiting Space Mountain in Disneyland.
5. The woman on the plane here who admired Mr Bush and his courage was right in one thing:"We are good and kind people we Americans."
6. I want to understand the United States. I find it inspiring how the American Dream is so strongly alive and the narrative keeps the beat up and going.
7. There is a point in air-conditioning.
8. Los Angeles region is fantastic. It has a beat that I have seldom experienced.
9. The Kennedy brothers are fantastic.
10. What's wrong with Starbucks?
Hurraa! Robotit vievät työmme
17 hours ago