Thursday, January 25, 2007

Email sent today to Air France


Air France 747-400 F-GITF
Originally uploaded by caribb.
(answer will be published in this blog as well)

Dear recipient,

I flew yesterday on Air France from Paris CDG to Amman in Jordan. I was very pleased with the quality of service ranging from excellent food to good quality blankets. I was very positively surprised when I was offered Stephen Frears' Oscar-nominee film The Queen as an in-flight film.

I have seen the film before and was quite surprised when I noticed that words 'God' and 'homosexual' were silenced from the film.

I would be very curious to know what is the reason for this as this for instance destroyed the following piece of dialogue completely:

Queen's Private Secretary:"But you have to realise that she has been brought up to believe that it is God's will that she is in the position."
Tony Blair:"I think we should leave God out of this."

As a frequent passenger of Flying Blue/KLM-Air France, I would highly appreciate an answer indicating the reason for this policy.

With kind regards,

Tommi Laitio
Amsterdam

No comments: