Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Out of Europe


Mosque in Casablanca
Originally uploaded by amsterboy
Quick slash before rushing to the hotel and to the shower. My work has taken me for this week to Morocco where we are organising a workshop for some 50 editors of European and North African pop culture publications. The weather is wonderful and the atmosphere is relaxed - just like it should be. Today's results:
- new friends and professional contacts
- good visibility for the ECF
- problems with bureaucracy
- pair of trousers and two pairs of slippers

We had today two Spanish speakers talking about their experience from working with North African partners. This quote was the most fascinating one:

"But I mean we in Spain have six centuries of Arab history. I feel we Spanish have a special responsibility for this relationship. I think culturally we are closer to Maghreb (North Africa) than to Sweden for instance."

No comments: