Friday, October 28, 2005

They're all potential prostitutes


red delight
Originally uploaded by deecow.
We opened today an exhibition at the Villa Decius in Krakow called Zona. It is a combination of reportages from 20 photographers and journalists and One Minutes Jr videos from Moldova. I love it and I hope it can be exhibited in other countries as well. The journalists and photographers come from Belarus, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Poland, Russia and Ukraine and all handle the notion of borders in their reportages.

I wrote the last post on border control and I shall continue on the topic. One of the participants who came from Russia told me that she got this leaflet from the Polish consulate with the headline:"For young women travelling for non-touristic purposes". It was giving instructions what to do if you get pregnant "in professional circumstances" in Poland, what to do when marrying a Polish man and on legal consequences of prostitution. Sometimes I just find it difficult to tolerate this world.

No comments: